screen problem when exiting sims 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
Hey guys. Just got my macbook pro a few days ago, and I love everything about it. However, whenever I exit the Sims 3 the space where the time and date are suppose to be disappears and I can see part of my background. I was wondering if anyone could tell me why that is. I usually just go into system prefrences and click on time and date, and when I leave that screen it corrects itself.

Reaction score
I'm guessing that this is caused by Sims changing your screen resolution. When you then exit the game your top bar is still fitted for that size but the rest of the screen is stretched out. does it by any chance move your desktop icons away from where you had them before as well?

if this is the case you can change the resolution in Sims I'm guessing but otherwise you'll just have to refresh the screen each time

OP
macgirl2423
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
I'm guessing that this is caused by Sims changing your screen resolution. When you then exit the game your top bar is still fitted for that size but the rest of the screen is stretched out. does it by any chance move your desktop icons away from where you had them before as well?

if this is the case you can change the resolution in Sims I'm guessing but otherwise you'll just have to refresh the screen each time

yeah it does move over my HD icon and the sims 3 disk over. I had assumed that it was probably something with the screen format when playing the game. How would I change the screen resolution to correct that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.