Timecapsule and AT&T modem

Reaction score
Hi,
I previously had Comcast as my ISP and recently switched to AT&T. After 6 hours on the phone with AT&T, 1 hour on the phone with Apple and 5 days I finally got my internet working but the problem is I can't access my Timecapsule as my main router. I have to use the 2Wire which means that no one can access my Itunes library and I can't do back ups on my Timecapsule. AT&T eluded to doing something called bridging that would basically make my Timecapsule the main router. I am really frustrated w/ AT&T at this point and don't know if anyone else has had the same issues or any luck bridging the two routers. Any help would be much appreciated!

Reaction score
I just had my att dsl connected today and also had problems with my Time Capsule. It seems that the Time Capsule wont relay the DHCP from the westell modem, so the Time Capsule Bridge Mode doesnt work.

I was able to get mine working by logging into the westell modem and under the Advanced -> Connection Configuration, I changed the last option on the page: 'Let LAN device share Internet Address'. This assigns the modem address to the Time Capsule (or air port). Then you can go into the time capsule config and set connection sharing to 'Share a public IP address'.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
To the OP, what Modem did AT&T give you? The White AT&T Modem/Router or something else?

If you tell me the exact brand and model I can probably help you.

Reaction score
I just noticed that the Time Capsule will show an error if you set the DHCP range 192.168.1.x. It thinks there are two devices serving DHCP in the same range due to the modem address of 192.168.1.254. So make the range on the Time Capsule 10.0.1.x or 172.16.1.x.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is there a model number? I will try and find the manual and get back to you.

Reaction score
Model number: F90-610025-06
Software Ver: 01.00.06.05

Mine is working fine after making the changes I noted above. If you can tell me why the Time Capsule wont relay DHCP from this device (Time Capsule in Bridge Mode), I would appreciate it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.