Using Windows Video Card

Reaction score
Hi - I'd like to convert from windows to mac but I have a small snag: I have to use an Nvdia FX1400 video card (I need dual DVI outs and a small connector for a 3D IR transmitter).

As far as I can tell, the nvidia has no mac drivers, and although I read a post about a way to surrepticiously install it (I didn't understand it, something about kexts), I'd like to know if I could just use the nvidia when I run bootcamp and use the graphics card that comes with it when using it booted as a mac.

Thanks for your help!

chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Seems to be a Dell exclusive line an d thus no joy for your Mac sorry. It does need to be Mac compatible even when using Bootcamp.

OP
C
Reaction score
What do you think of this posting on insanelymac.com? (it's above my head)

chris

Solution for installing PNY Quadro FX 1400 /128mb for Leopard 10.5.2

Install Apple Graphics Update 1.0 (not strongly needed but may be improve OpenGL speed)

Download lastest version of Natit

Move�- Geforce, Natit, NVdanv40Hal & NVDAResman kexts from System/Library/Extensions to any location like /1

In Geforce, Natit, NVdanv40Hal & NVDAResman kexts you will find�file�info.plist.�Under�section <key>IOPCIMatch</key> you see string�like�0xXXXXXXXX&0x0000ffff
You will need add '00ce10de' (without the quotes) in the strings in Geforce, Natit, NVdanv40Hal & NVDAResman kexts.�It�will�be�like�0x00ce10de&0x0000ffff
Copy kexts from /1 to /System/Library/Extensions
Register all this kexts ( in Terminal paste
cd /System/Library/Extensions
chmod -R 755 Kextname.kext
chown -R root:wheel Kextname.kext )
After - delete Extensions.mkext
Restart...

After restart�all�will�be�works�include�QE�and�СI

Goodluck

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What do you think of this posting on insanelymac.com? (it's above my head) chris

Insanelymac.com is a hacker's forum. Most of the "fixes" and activities that go on there are in violation of the Apple EULA. As for the "hack" on that particular nVidia card, if you have no idea of what he's talking about, leave well enough alone. As harry pointed out, the card is Dell proprietary and will not work.

Regards.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks very much. I guess I'll have to look around to see if there's a card that is mac native that can do the same thing (it has to have 2 DVI and a 3 pin DIN connector).

chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.