itunes song info editing problem

Reaction score
Iv just transferred my Itunes library from my old mac to me new one, all songs are here no problem but around around 10% of albums have no artwork, which they did have on my old mac, and more worryingly i seem to have zero privileges when it comes to editing song names, volume adjustments and manual adding of album artwork. All fields appear in grey and are unresponsive when i go to edit.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14" 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4 1GB DDR SDRAM/1st Gen 4GB Nano/2nd Gen 8GB Nano
I think it could be the size of the songs because I had a song that was a .wav and 53 mbs and it wouldn't allow me to do anything with the artwork. Try seeing what the format the songs are then try converting them in Itunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Sadly artwork never transfers over fully for some reason. It's to do with where iTunes stores the data.
Have you tried consolidating your iTunes library?
Also it may be worth you running a permissions check in Disk Utility.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.