Ordering iMac from Usa to Finland. Looking for advices and tips.

Reaction score
Good eavening.

So i´m planning to buy my first Mac sometime soon. I checked the prizes on US Apple store and almost got shocked when i noticed whats the trade value between euro/Us dollar. The funniest thing is that i could buy a ticket to America, buy my Mac, go back to Finland again and it still would be less than buy it from Finnish Apple store!

So if you could give me some advices what should i be aware of i´ll order mine from America. The electric plug is different (number of volts) ? And obviously i´ll have to change the keyboard since you dont have all the fancy letters than we :D .

Oh, one more thing. If you could hook me up with some retails stores that sell Apple i´d be pleased.

/wave

~Alex

Reaction score
Welcome!

And in the US other than apple themselves the only real main retailer that sells mac products (aside from the ipods) is Best Buy. You might want to look there im not sure how international they are but they might carry finnish macs?

Jeremy

OP
N
Reaction score
Hai.

Thanks for the quick reply. Checked the site and the seem to have alot of Macs to choose from. Just need find out that if the shipping is possible.

~Alex

Just found this on Wikipedia.

Couple more questions.

Americans have 110v / 60Hz
Us Finns and Europeans 230v / 50Hz

Does the iMac work on both or do i need a power transformer?

~Alex

Welcome!

And in the US other than apple themselves the only real main retailer that sells mac products (aside from the ipods) is Best Buy. You might want to look there im not sure how international they are but they might carry finnish macs?

Jeremy

I found this site aswell.

New and Refurbished Apple / Mac Computers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If Finnish import laws are anyway similar to ours here in Australia, you may well be liable for import duty, Goods and Services Taxes, Value Added Taxes etc.

Plus consider what will happen should something fail and you want warranty work done? Bit far to take her back to the US.

OP
N
Reaction score
Thats true aswell.

But i heard that the mac service is worldwide. Meaning that that i could dip my US mac to finnish services.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
So too is new motor vehicle warranty work ~ until you take the car to a dealer other than where you purchased it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.