iPhone and Mail setup

Reaction score
Edge of the Cotswold (Just next to Liz's Gaff!!!)
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2gb, 250gb HD
Hi,

I have just moved ISP here in the UK to BT Yahoo.

I have setup my iPhone to work with this, and it seems fine. However the snag being I do not want people to see my [email protected] as I have my own domain which is cloaked to that address.

Is there anyway I can tell it to show [email protected] instead?

Gee I hope that makes sense?

Thanks

Rich

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Do you mean when you open mail and it displays the accounts the phone has access too? You simply want to change or remove that name?

OP
celtictricky
Reaction score
Edge of the Cotswold (Just next to Liz's Gaff!!!)
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2gb, 250gb HD
Hi -

No what I mean is I go into BT Yahoo, and compose and email. It says its from [email protected] - however I do not want people to see that address I want them to see myname@my domain.com?

Is that clearer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I think if you go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calenders > Account info (or POP Account info) and change the e-mail address there it will do what you want. The only catch may be if that mailbox is going strait to BT Yahoo, then it may need the actual address as part of it's server log-in process. Not having BT or Yahoo I don't know but it appears that GMail does this and if I change the address it won't connect to the server (gives me an error). My personal domain POP info will allow me to put whatever I want so can spoof that one but not the other way around.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.