Any MBP owners using a Drobo V2 plus Drobo Share

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.4 Ghz 250GB 4GB RAM
Have just come across the Drobo V2 and Drobo Share and was wandering if this is a worthy choice for storing/backing up on a network. Im a MBP owner and the wife is a light PC user. The idea of swapping drives after they reach capacity appeals to me.

Any thoughts/opinions will be appreciated

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.4 Ghz 250GB 4GB RAM
Have just seen the Western Digital My Book Studio Edition II. Seems like its going to be hard to come to a decision?

Anyone????????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, Macbook Pro & iPhone GS3
I have recently bought a Drobo 2 (no Drobo Share - bad review) to add to my WD Studio 1T (use a TM) and an older Lacie 280MB (just for SuperDuper my Mac HD). All my stuff are saved on the Drobo plus backup on Mozy (just in case).

I don't think you can start swapping HDD for your mac stuff and for the PC stuff. If I am not wrong, every time you swap in a HDD, the system will configure it as a new HDD in preparation for the automatic backup, thereby wiping the inserted HDD clean! I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.