Just bought second-hand eMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Not really enough info about the modules, but Apple Macs do not handle high density memory, must be dearer low density and most PC shops only handle high density modules.

Even here down under find OWC the best and cheapest, with seven day service. This is the memory you need:-

Memory Upgrades for your Apple eMac 800MHz-1GHz (ATI Graphics) at OtherWorldComputing.com

And must be 32x8 as shown here towards the bottom of the page and that is your problem:-

512MB PC133 CL3 3-2-2/PC100 CL2 2-2-2 1... (OWC133SD512328) at OWC

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Richey1977,

I did the same thing Harry did...and went to "OWC" (macsales.com) to see how the memory you purchased & what OWC recommends differ. And Harry pointed out the difference.

OWC normally has very very competitive/low prices...and I saw that the price you paid for the memory was a good bit lower than OWC!

You paid 11.29 Pounds...OWC's price is 16.52 pounds.

Knowing OWC's prices are usually some of the lowest prices you can find for Macintosh memory...the 11.29 pound price you paid would have been a "Red Alert" to me.

I'm guessing the memory you bought is not "Mac Compatible" in some way.

My "rule of thumb" regarding Macintosh computer's & ram is...the older the Macintosh...the less likely "WinTel" style memory is compatible.

For the longest time Macintosh's had their version of ram, and WinTel computers had their "version". It's only been very recently (maybe since 2006 or so) that there's more "cross-platform" ram compatibility.

Get the right stuff, and you should be fine,

- Nick

Reaction score
10.5 isn't only for Intel Macs! It's happily running on my iMac G4!

OK.... Whip me some more. I was trying to stop the guy from buying intel disc's and it came out wrong. I said I was Sorry and have been in exille.O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OK.... Whip me some more. I was trying to stop the guy from buying intel disc's and it came out wrong. I said I was Sorry and have been in exille.O:)

Back to the oars you dashed rogue ~ whip whip!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.