pages take forever to load

Reaction score
just recently my macbook has been taking forever to load pages using wireless connection, it takes a few minutes to load pages. but when i connect using ethernet i have no problems. also i have a imac and there is no problems loading pages using wireless. does anyone know what may be the problem?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
why are you loading pages over wireless? Makes no sense. I load pages from my Mac. Are you on a network and running programs from another Mac on yours?

Sorry, I had Pages the Word Processor on my mind and thought you meant that! :D

What browser are you using? Safari? Firefox?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
why are you loading pages over wireless? Makes no sense. I load pages from my Mac. Are you on a network and running programs from another Mac on yours?

Umm I think the OP means webpages.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Umm I think the OP means webpages.

Good catch. Someone else asked about the program I when I saw pages I was wondering what he was talking about. :D

Guess I missed his last sentence.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
What device is handling the wireless output? What OS Which model computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Did you recently upgrade to 10.5.8 ...... This update changes Airport behaviour and my macbook now only works wireless when it is connected to the power, no longer on battery.

Maybe you have a similar issue.
Cheers
McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.