Office 2008 Save As folder problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, iMac 24 both w/ Snowleopard
I'm a new Mac user and trying to get Office 2008 to let me use "Save As" to save to a different folder. (I'm updating files for the new school year and want to place them in a new (just created) folder - Fall 2009.)

I see no way to do this. I can't change to this subfolder. I don't see any way to move to another folder and with several hundred files spread over three courses and 18 weeks per course I really need a folder for each course and subfolders for each week.

I revise my courses every time I teach them and save them in the new folder.

Any suggestions about what I'm over looking?

Thanks,

Bob

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not sure I understand what problem you're having? I just did a "save as" to a different folder of a document that I had already created previously.

When you click on the "save as" option, a dialog opens with the file name. Press the down arrow adjacent to the file name and another dialog opens stating "where". Pressing the up or down arrow in this new dialog will display a list of folders available under your user name. Just be sure to create whatever folders you wish ahead of time under your user name so they will exist when you get ready to save to one of them.

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, iMac 24 both w/ Snowleopard
Doesn't work that way

The "Where" list only has top level folders. I can't see the subfolder I want to use.

I can only see top level folders such as "Documents", "Applications" etc. in the "Where" drop downbox. That's my problem.

Bob

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Using the method described by chscag to view all the folders should give you access to the entire filesystem (whether you have write permissions to these folders is a different issue). Word defaults to your documents directory but you can easily change to another directory by either using the drop down box next to the search box, the left hand pane with devices and places or using the key combo Shift-Command-G which will let you manually type the location in (this should only have to be a last resort though).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.