iTunes: auto shutoff?

M

montysano

Hello all,

Just got my first Mac, a Mini, and am loving it! The radio library in iTunes is incredible.

I'd like to go to sleep to a streaming radio station, then have it shut off after a couple of hours (so as not to use station bandwidth unnecessarily). Anyone know of a way to do this? I've looked, but no luck so far.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Well not sure about iTunes specifically but you can set it so your computer shuts off at a certain time every night and boots up in the morning in System Preferences -> Energy Saver -> Schedule.

You could set it to shut off the mini when you are sleeping and turn on before you wake up in the morning

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
hey, before you spend some money go to versiontracker.com and search for "itunes sleep" bunch of free programs come up

OP
J

Jefe3223

For everyone, no matter why they're reading this: there are a bunch of free programs out there, that will shut down your computer for you, or turn itunes off/on, basically a way to get things down w/o writing your own applescript.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.