Updating old OS ruin Final Cut?

Reaction score
Hello all,

Back in '05 I bought my first and only Mac, a G4 desktop with desired programs already installed (Final Cut 4.5, photoshop, etc.) Over the years I've collected hours of footage, most of whose master tapes have been stolen unfortunately.. The operating system hasn't been updated since my ownership, still on 10.3.9.. My fear of losing this irreplaceable footage has kept me from buying the updates. More and more websites aren't working right, and now I can't upload finished videos, which is the last straw for me.

So, do I actually have anything to worry about if I at least bought a 10.4 update?

Gah, I just realized this is the wrong section.. I'll just repost it in the RIGHT section.. go ahead and delete it. My bad

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Well we all know that all of that important stuff you have on your hard drive should be backed up...so even in the very very rare chance there is a problem updating the OS, you wouldn't loose anything.

But in any case...you should have absolutely no problem updating your computers OS.

Go for it,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.