Canon Driver Problems (camera & printer) :oS

Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting my Canon EOS20D to connect. At first I thought it was the beta for Picasa3, but then I had trouble with a Canon printer's driver too.

I found this on the download page for MacOSX on Canon's site:

No drivers are available for this selection. This operating system may not require a driver or, in the case of older operating systems, may no longer be supported.

Does anyone know what I need to do to connect my camera?!?

OP
Arielluria
Reaction score
Here's the thing..........Picasa SEES the camera, but Finder doesn't. That's why I think it's a driver issue. :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac--OSX 10.6.7
Have you tried a card reader? I never install the Canon software--I just use a card reader to download to iPhoto.

OP
Arielluria
Reaction score
I can do it through the card reader just fine. But it would be nice not to have to take it out of the camera to get my pics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
That's really weird. My Canon EOS Rebel XTi plugs into my MBP via usb and iPhoto recognizes any photos that have not already been transfered and gives me the option to load them on my notebook.
Maybe try loading them into iPhoto, moving them to a folder in Finder (Pictures for example) and then opening with Picasa??
Sorry, never used Picasa so I don't know of any issues with that any MBP or Canon cameras.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.