iWeb, need help publishing

Reaction score
I have created an iWeb site and now I need a place to publish. I have tried godaddy.com but i could never get my site to publish.

If you have suggestions for a good domain that work with the FTP settings on iWeb..please help.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Are you sure you are using the right password? What problems were you having with the uploading? I only ask because I use godaddy and the FTP works fine for me.

Reaction score
The domain that I am using and the only I have for my website is from one.com, I don't know what about others company offer but so far, I can see that I don't have problem at all when using ftp to my website.

Furthermore, they have support 24/7. So, you can shoot any questions anytime you want. Good luck with using iWeb and I have a tip for new bie using iWeb

When you create a website by iWeb, you should always backup your website by come here: Macintosh HD:User:Library:Application Support:iWeb

Inside iWeb, there is a file name Domain, this is the one contains your website, if you have time machine then I will not mention about that. If you don't, you should always backup this file if you want to continue building your website later incase your mac is crashed.

Here is my experience because I was screwed up when I tried to clean install my MBP. I thought it was ok when I tried to publish my website to local folder, because the whole website would be here and I thought I can put it back to iWeb but I was wrong.

So, I also have another problem with php, apache and I would like to shoot here too. If anyone got the same problem, you might find this way. By default, php and apache is not enabled in Mac OS X 10.5. So you should enable it first to use it. Here is the link that save me after 2 days I was like really mad why my test.php not working on my web sharing

Enabling PHP in Mac OS X 10.5

So, if you want to learn php by yourself, and got same problem . You can try to follow that link to solve the problem. I think there are lots of way to fix it but this guide is clearly to read for non-speaker english like me.

Good luck all

SG

OP
S
Reaction score
Are you sure you are using the right password? What problems were you having with the uploading? I only ask because I use godaddy and the FTP works fine for me.

yes, i was using the right password. i just could never figure out all the different setting with iweb and godaddy.com. if you could explain what you did that would be much appreciated!!

OP
S
Reaction score
The domain that I am using and the only I have for my website is from one.com, I don't know what about others company offer but so far, I can see that I don't have problem at all when using ftp to my website.

Furthermore, they have support 24/7. So, you can shoot any questions anytime you want. Good luck with using iWeb and I have a tip for new bie using iWeb

When you create a website by iWeb, you should always backup your website by come here: Macintosh HD:User:Library:Application Support:iWeb

Inside iWeb, there is a file name Domain, this is the one contains your website, if you have time machine then I will not mention about that. If you don't, you should always backup this file if you want to continue building your website later incase your mac is crashed.

Here is my experience because I was screwed up when I tried to clean install my MBP. I thought it was ok when I tried to publish my website to local folder, because the whole website would be here and I thought I can put it back to iWeb but I was wrong.

So, I also have another problem with php, apache and I would like to shoot here too. If anyone got the same problem, you might find this way. By default, php and apache is not enabled in Mac OS X 10.5. So you should enable it first to use it. Here is the link that save me after 2 days I was like really mad why my test.php not working on my web sharing

Enabling PHP in Mac OS X 10.5

So, if you want to learn php by yourself, and got same problem . You can try to follow that link to solve the problem. I think there are lots of way to fix it but this guide is clearly to read for non-speaker english like me.

Good luck all

SG

wow, thank you for the advice. just wondering...was there any extra settings or values u had to change in order for your iweb project to be uploaded to your website? i am new to the whole website thing so i am not sure how to do this. thanks a ton!!

Reaction score
Hi Skitrax,

There is no extra setting at all when you restore the Domain file to the path
Macintosh HD:User:Library:Application Support:iWeb . So, just make sure you back up the file then restore it back when ever you want.

I think iWeb is very simple to use but the its design is not that bad, the point is you are not bothered by the inside code. I think after a while when you get familiar with web, you can try to learn Dreamweaver. This is one of the great tool for web design and you can play with code too.

Good luck.

SG

ps. after you restore the Domain file, you just run iWeb and it loads exactly the project that you did.

Reaction score
hi it seems that iweb 09 has an ftp problem sorry
if the host/server is using windows xp it will not work use a host/server which uses mac or unix

hope this helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.