USB Lock software for Mac

Reaction score
Does any one know of a software that can be used on a Mac to lock USB or Flash drive to protect data on USB drives? Or is there any way that from within Mac OS X a Flash or USB drive folders can be locked with a Password? There are many softwares available for Windows but I cannot find any that are for Mac. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Google for

OSX encrypt USB key

There are plenty of options for doing what you want. Probably the easiest would be to encrypt the contents of the drive using Disk Utility. I have never done this myself, but it appears to be pretty straightforward.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks for that suggestion.

I tried the Disk Utility however I was not able to lock either a folder or the USB drive using a Password. Any other suggestions or may be a step by step guide as I am not much of a technophile?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.