Just bought MBP....

Reaction score
I just bought a MBP 15inch 2.53ghz. First mac ever!;D I got it yesterday, but I have not open it yet, reason being I'm scared because I'm so excited I don't want to be disappointed. I have been hyping myself up for getting a mac since October of last year. I always told myself my sony vaio running on vista will be fine for the time being and it's best to just wait until apple launches a huge upgrade on the on there MBP. I finally had enough my vista suffering from bsod, and many other major problems that happens on a consist daily bases. So I finally bought my MBP.

Now, my concerns at the moment from purchasing the MBP, it's not going to live up to hype that I personally brought upon myself, and the possible price drop or an upgrade in the near future. Was it a good idea to buy the Mac now, or should I waited? Whats your thoughts on buying a MBP right now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I think it was a good idea.

The newest edition of the MBP was released recently.

I think you are really going to enjoy it, just open it up and have fun!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
Honestly...

you're gonna love it! Happy, happy, joy, joy! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
Sometimes you gotta say ***. You bought it to enjoy, not to stay in the box. Time to man-up and take the plunge. You will NEVER in a thousand years be sorry. These machines are the closest thing to perfection we mortals will every experience. Not overly biased, am I???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in 2.53GHz 4GB DDR3 RAM 250GB HDD and a turbocharger
Sometimes you gotta say ***. You bought it to enjoy, not to stay in the box. Time to man-up and take the plunge. You will NEVER in a thousand years be sorry. These machines are the closest thing to perfection we mortals will every experience. Not overly biased, am I???

LOL not exactly. Coming from a PC, I am noticing quite a few compatability issues with my MBP that I got a couple weeks ago... My external monitor isn't being detected by my mac, it's a ***** trying to find a mouse that will work with my MBP without having to install any 3rd party software, the HDD has that infamous chirping noise whenever I pick it up/move it... So far, its been alright. I'm not as wowed as I thought I would be. The build quality of these machines amazes me, but the compatability issues are annoying. With a brand new DVI adapter, brand new monster DVI cable, and a monitor that works fine via VGA, there is no reason my MBP shouldn't work with it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
LOL not exactly. Coming from a PC, I am noticing quite a few compatability issues with my MBP that I got a couple weeks ago... My external monitor isn't being detected by my mac, it's a ***** trying to find a mouse that will work with my MBP without having to install any 3rd party software, the HDD has that infamous chirping noise whenever I pick it up/move it... So far, its been alright. I'm not as wowed as I thought I would be. The build quality of these machines amazes me, but the compatability issues are annoying. With a brand new DVI adapter, brand new monster DVI cable, and a monitor that works fine via VGA, there is no reason my MBP shouldn't work with it.

I seriously think that you are in the minority on this. Personally I have had no external monitor issues with my MBP...I have at least 5 different brand LCD monitors...and no issues.

As far as the mouse problem...ever think of using an Apple USB mouse or an Apple bluetooth mouse? I'm gonna guess that they are both pretty darn compatible!

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I seriously think that you are in the minority on this. Personally I have had no external monitor issues with my MBP...I have at least 5 different brand LCD monitors...and no issues.

As far as the mouse problem...ever think of using an Apple USB mouse or an Apple bluetooth mouse? I'm gonna guess that they are both pretty darn compatible!

- Nick

Well I'm just explaining my experience with my first mac. If u know me personally u know that I have the worst luck in the world when it comes to..well..anything. I have used the mighty mouse before and I hated it. The right click isn't very responsive and my friend has reported the trackball craps out after a month. so thats a no-go. I'll probably be getting a logitech vx revolution to hold me off until some better/more bluetooth mice come out. After spending so much on a laptop, I'm realizing that I will have to spend even more $ just to get it to work the way I want it to... Maybe I'm being too nitpicky, but if I spend big $$$ on a laptop I expect it to be near perfect as u described lol.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have used the mighty mouse before and I hated it. The right click isn't very responsive and my friend has reported the trackball craps out after a month. so thats a no-go.

Ooh believe me I'm no fan of the Mighty Mouse...I was simply addressing the statement that finding a compatible mouse was very very difficult.

A more accurate statement fitting your situation might be...It's very very tough to find a MBP compatible mouse that you like!;D

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ooh believe me I'm no fan of the Mighty Mouse...I was simply addressing the statement that finding a compatible mouse was very very difficult.

A more accurate statement fitting your situation might be...It's very very tough to find a MBP compatible mouse that you like!;D

- Nick

exactly, buying a mouse is like buying a car. u gotta find the ONE. lol. Supposedly Microsoft makes some pretty good wireless mice. hmmm...choices choices...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
Go on, OPEN IT!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.