Macbook Pro DVD drive issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I have used my DVD drive two times since I bought my MBP 13 inch a few weeks ago and it worked flawlessly.

Now when put in a DVD it accepts it, but after about 20 seconds it ejects it. It does not read it (I don't think) because it is not showing up on my desktop.

I have tried two DVDs, then re-booted my laptop and tried again. Nothing worked, I was wondering if you think it is broken or if there is a trick to get it working.

I really don't want to have to send it to the apple store but I will if I have to.

Will they cover this for free, seeing as I have done nothing wrong and it is a very new laptop?

EDIT:
I am sending in my MBP, it is broken. =(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
How did you determine the drive was broken?

You will be VERY pleased with Apple's support once the machine is sent for repairs. If they do it on-site at the store, they will be quick. If they send it out, it goes to a facility in Houston, Texas. They UPS overnight there and back and you'll have it back in just a few days.

I had to have the logic board replaced on my two year old MPB. The entire time away from me was less than four days and that was only because they had to order a out-of-stock part.

As an aside, my particular situation was that optical super drive wouldn't accept media (like yours), the flex cable was defective and the logic board had the bad NVIDIA controller plus other "multiple issues." I essentially got a new computer out of this for no cost, thanks to Apple Care.

Not to worry.
JR

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.