can send emails but can not receive them

Reaction score
Hi All!

I've just got a new domain name and am having problems setting up my macmail with new email address.

I have used all the settings provided by domain host and can send emails but can not receive them (I do get the incoming mail progress bar, but nothing appears).

It's a POP account.
Mail 3.6
OSX 10.5.7

Are there any known issues regarding this or does anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you can't receive them, then you need to double check your incoming settings.
If they are what the domain host specifies, and you still can't receive mail, then you need to contact the domain host and/or your ISP to clear up the issue.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks D3v1L80Y, I had already double checked with the domain host and worked out it was an issue at my end.

I've found out that I am receiving the emails but they are not showing up in the main window.

The only way I can see them is by going into the left hand sidebar, selecting the mailbox and going to 'get account info'. This is not an ideal solution.

I'm guessing it's probably something simple, so if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.