Mac Mini dying

Reaction score
I went into an official Apple Store yesterday, and they had the usual Genius bar, Kids desk (with the really cool chairs :D), MBPs, iMacs and a HUGE 30" Cinema Display (the old silver one). It took me a while, but I noticed there were no Mac Minis anywhere, and no black spaces on desks, or adverts for Mac minis! Are apple going to kill off the mini?

Also, after a little while browsing I noticed they still had Shake for sale, which was discontinued just recently, and had no new cinema displays (the black ones).

Just a bad store, or is the mini dieing :( ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Nah, they aren't dying out. Apple just updated the hardware not long ago. They have them at my local Apple store. Maybe they are re-arranging things in store or something? Pulling the mini now would be a dumb idea on Apples part. I dought they are dying out. Apple tv, maybe, but not the mini.

OP
A
Reaction score
Nah, they aren't dying out. Apple just updated the hardware not long ago. They have them at my local Apple store. Maybe they are re-arranging things in store or something? Pulling the mini now would be a dumb idea on Apples part. I dought they are dying out. Apple tv, maybe, but not the mini.

Mmm, but the store is mostly brand new... who knows lol.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
It took me a while, but I noticed there were no Mac Minis anywhere, and no black spaces on desks, or adverts for Mac minis! Are apple going to kill off the mini?

So if they do...I don't see any Mac Plus's floating around the Apple Store either! ;D Everything has it's day...then it's "retired".

If they did "kill the mini", they would probably replace it with something better! Maybe something you've never thought of! :D

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Early 09), PowerBook G4 12" (DVI), Macintosh LCII, Macintosh Classic
The only Apple display that has the black border around the screen is the 24" LED display. To my knowledge, that monitor can't be used with much outside of notebooks and the new mini.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.