HDD Upgrade

Reaction score
Hi I own the 2.26ghz MBP and am considering upgrading my HDD from the stock 160GB to 500GB. I was looking at OWC and wasn't sure about which brand to choose. The choices are Seagate or Western Digital. The prices are all relatively close so that's not an issue. Do you prefer one over the other or should I stay away from one of them?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 3GS & iPhone4 Factory Unlocked.
all hdds are good, i just upgraded my 13" mbp as well to 320GB. Just go on newegg and search for 2.5" hdds, newegg is cheap and they also have user reviews.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'd go with the seagate only because I've been using them for so long without any HDD failing on me so far.

T

todd51

I got the Seagate 7200rpm Momentus, it's a nice drive for a decent price. You really can't go wrong with Seagate or Western Digital.

Reaction score
i was in the same boat. but my criteria was quietness. i wanted a quiet drive. So i went with the Hitachi Travelstar 5k500.b Have been using it for a few months and its a GREAT drive

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.