Firefox gesture- swipe down?

Reaction score
If you don't know, the new Firefox supports Mac gestures. 3 finger swipe can be made to go forward, backward, etc. Read my question, then read on for some explanation.

- My question: why is browser.gesture.swipe.down apparently different than the others?

-A little information:
Open about:config in FF. Search for browser.gesture and the strings will appear that are related to Mac gestures.

FF comes with 3 finger left and right built in. The default values are Browser:BackorBackDuplicate (for browser.gesture.swipe.left i believe) and Browser:ForwardorForwardDuplicate (for browser.gesture.swipe.right). To make a 3 finger swipe move forward or backward in the history, change the value to simply Browser:Back and Browser:Forward

-What I tried:
I created a new string called browser.gesture.swipe.up and made the value Browser:Home, which works beautifully. A 3 finger swipe up will open the home page in the current tab.

I then made another string, browser.gesture.swipe.down and made the value Browser:CloseTab. This did not work. I examined the other browser.gesture values, saw that some are in the format cmd_lowercasewordUPPERCASEWORD. So i tried cmd_CloseTab and cmd_closeTab as values for my downward swipe. They dont work.

So, my question. Anybody know why b.g.swipe.down is different?
The only thing I can think of is that Close Tab (File menu) is two words, while Home, Back, and Forward are all one. But I dont know why it should matter, or how to fix it.

Help is appreciated : )

OP
B
Reaction score
I tried to replace the swipe up value of CloseTab with NewTab, no luck there either.

Pos issue with two-word cmds?

Reaction score
You need to use (without the quotes) "cmd_close" to close a tab. I personally use it when I pinch in (who really wants to zoom in/out while pinching in Firefox ? I don't like the way FF does it...)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.