Permissions - library files locked

Reaction score
This is driving me nuts. I have just bought a new imac (though I have been a mac user since the 80's) and have run through sys install and all online updates. No problem and all is working well. I go to install Reason and the installer can't write to Global Application Support folder - check permissions. I run disc util and sure enough some permissions are wrong BUT it can't correct them, I assume because the first flag is showing 'l' - Locked. There is no way to unlock them. I have tried everything I know including Batchmod.......that even reprts that it has done the changes (or at least does not report an error).:Not-Amused: Anyone got any ideas?

Here is an example:

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - C2D 1.83GHz, 2GB, 320G HDD
lrw-r--r--

The first bit represents the file type, an "l" means that it is a symbolic link.

What version of Reason? What error message do you get? Have you checked the company's support site?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.