how do I change the sounds for the volume adjustment

Reaction score
how do I change the sounds for the volume adjustment, when you adjust the volume from the keyboard it makes a sound, I would like to know if that sound can be changed at all?
~M

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Nothing to do with Notebook Hardware.
Moving to Software forums.

Reaction score
It is annoying when someone says "just use google". If you don't want to answer questions why are you hanging out in forums?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
It is annoying when someone says "just use google". If you don't want to answer questions why are you hanging out in forums?

I am answering questions though. Wasn't that question answered? I found it by using Google.

Reaction score
10.5.7 permissions

(Sorry if I seem like I am driving for the first time and hitting the curbs--first post to a forum...)
Permissions continue to degrade on my Mac; currently I am asked for a password every time I open my email. I am a one-person design shop, and the only one who uses this mac. I would appreciate any hints about maintaining my permissions. Here is what Disk Utility comes up with, and no amount of repairing seems to change it--sorry to hog space, this is about 20% of the DU content:

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .
Permissions differ on "System/Library/CoreServices/AirPort Base Station Agent.app/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .
Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are lrw-rw-r-- .
Permissions differ on "System/Library/Components/CoreMediaAuthoringPrivateComponents.component/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .
Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreMediaAuthoringPrivate.framework/Versions/A/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .
Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreMediaIOServicesPrivate.framework/Versions/A/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .
Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreMediaIOServicesPrivate.framework/Versions/A/Resources/AVC.plugin/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .
Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreMediaIOServicesPrivate.framework/Versions/A/Resources/IIDC.plugin/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .
Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreMediaIOServicesPrivate.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MPEGAudioDecoder.component/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .
Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreMediaIOServicesPrivate.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MPEGLayer2AudioEncoder.component/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .
Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreMediaIOServicesPrivate.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Tundra.component/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .
Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreMediaIOServicesPrivate.framework/Versions/A/Resources/VDC.plugin/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .
Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreMediaPrivate.framework/Versions/A/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .
Permissions differ on "System/Library/CoreServices/Front Row.app/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .
Permissions differ on "System/Library/CoreServices/Front Row.app/Contents/PlugIns/DVD.frappliance/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .
Permissions differ on "System/Library/CoreServices/Front Row.app/Contents/PlugIns/FRSettings.frappliance/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--

Any thoughts? Again, please forgive if I am unwittingly being a bad poster.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.