Strange Code/Symbol instead of text in Dreamweaver

jtd

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new here, and hopefully I am in the right place for my problem....

Take a look at this

picture2ggm.png

Now, that code you see in dreamweaver is what shows up in my browser, but dreamweaver will only show that strange symbol . The thing is,,,this happens in Safari on some websites, so its nothing to do with dreamweaver. It must be something wrong with my system! Please if anyone knows what this is please tell me........

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Looks like you are missing a character from that particular font. Not sure how you'd go about fixing it, other than seeing if you can re-add the font to Font Book.

OP
J

jtd

Reaction score
thanks. It turns out that that is some Viking Rune font or something. I think it may have something to do with installing fontexplorer pro... any suggestions as to how I could fix this??

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
disable all non system fonts in Font explorer, you are getting a font clash

Unless you can track down that font and disable just that.

T

todd51

I would just go into Font Book and delete it. Restart the computer and see if the problem persists.

OP
J

jtd

Reaction score
Luckily I found it in fontexplorer. It was strange, it said Times New Roman but in that wingding font. I disabled it and it instantly fixed my problem with websites and drewmweaver! Thanks guys!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.