Password and Screen Saver

Reaction score
Hey there Mac-Forums. I have the "Require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver" option checked. I wanted to be able to 'lock' the computer, like in Windows, every time I stop using it (Windows Key + L), so I downloaded a program called Locktight.

Locktight works, meaning, every time I press the lock keyboard shortcut, the screensaver activates, however, once I move the mouse to use my computer, it doesn't ask for my password.

Everytime I either lock the computer, put it to sleep, or the screensaver activates by itself, it doesn't ask me for my password, even though the option to ask for my password (in Security) is enabled.

Thanks to anyone that helps.
Mac OS X 10.5.7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
I use the lock screen option from the Keychain Access menu option which. It works, that's all I can say. You could try a hot corner for your screen saver vs a key combo, but I am not inconvenienced by using the menu bar.

Locktight disclaimer:
Nevertheless, this is being provided without any expressed warranty or merchantability statement. It is virus- and malicious code- free.

Open Keychain Access, Preferences, select show status in menu bar. Use the menu bar to lock screen.

OP
F
Reaction score
I use the lock screen option from the Keychain Access menu option which. It works, that's all I can say. You could try a hot corner for your screen saver vs a key combo, but I am not inconvenienced by using the menu bar.

Locktight disclaimer:
Nevertheless, this is being provided without any expressed warranty or merchantability statement. It is virus- and malicious code- free.

Open Keychain Access, Preferences, select show status in menu bar. Use the menu bar to lock screen.

Thank you! It works now. The problem was that I couldn't show the password screen even when the screensaver was enabled using hot corners or any other method. I added the Keychain icon and tried locking it, and it still didn't work, so I uninstalled Locktight, rebooted, and it now works like a charm. Thanks!

OP
F
Reaction score
Thank you! It works now. The problem was that I couldn't show the password screen even when the screensaver was enabled using hot corners or any other method. I added the Keychain icon and tried locking it, and it still didn't work, so I uninstalled Locktight, rebooted, and it now works like a charm. Thanks!

Never mind.. It's not working anymore. After rebooting, the password popup thing doesn't show up anymore every time I lock the computer. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.