Macbook Pro 17 2.8ghz and VM fusion 2.0

Reaction score
Hi I recently installed VMfusion 2.0 on my macbook pro 17. Every time I boot into Windows it prompts me that it found a new hardware. I looked under device manager and noticed that two hardware does not have the drivers installed correctly. 1) Base System Device and 2) Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

I try installing the drivers that came with my restore CD but that did not help. Please let me know what I can do to fix this. Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Did you install VMW tools for the guest OS

OP
S
Reaction score
How do I check to see if I installed vmfusion for a guest OS? I think I installed it as an admin. How do I uninstall vmfusion? Can I just drag that application to the trash and it will remove from my MacBook pro completly?

I try running a drivers update for the video card and pointing it to the cd that came with my mac book but that did not work. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks

OP
S
Reaction score
What is vmware tools? I recall seeing that pop up requesting me to install but I skipped it because I did not know what it was for.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
VMWare Tools is a set of drivers and utilities that ease the process of running a virtual machine. It does things like making it easy to transfer files between the Mac desktop and the virtual desktop, as well as helping with compatibility issues related to networking and video. You can install the tools by opening your virtual machine and clicking the Virtual Machine menu, then click Install VMWare Tools.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.