My computer lost my printer, and now it won't add it to the printer list?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook l Ipod nano 4gb l ipod classic 80 gb
I have a HP PSC 1610 all-in-one printer, connected by usb to my macbook. It was working fine until today, when it wouldn't print anything from my computer. (it still prints on its own, so I know that isn't the issue). I repaired disc permissions on my hard drive, reinstalled the print driver, and I removed it from the printer list, and tried to add it back again, but my computer keeps telling me "an error occurred while trying to add the selected printer: error 13"

please help! I need to get this fixed for work and school.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Try and run the install program that came with the printer if you can.

T

todd51

Did you restart the machine? Try completely removing it, shutting down the computer and then add it again.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To the OP:

Read the following MacWorld article: Link

The article is all about "Printer Woes" and describes what to do. Your problem is included.

Regards.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook l Ipod nano 4gb l ipod classic 80 gb
Alright, thanks all. I got it working now. (restarting the computer ended up doing it. I always overlook the obvious)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.