macbook air superdrive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
Hello everyone.
Under the description of iMovie on apple's website it says that in order to burn your movies onto a DVD you need to purchase the macbook air superdrive. Thats a little ridiculous. I'm just glad that I realized this now, because I'm going on vacation in a few days and I wanted to make a movie showcasing all my pictures when I got back, and it would be a shame to do all that work just to realize that I have no way of turning it into an actual DVD without shelling out another $100 plus tax. To add insult to injury, I searched this forum and found out that the superdrive only works with a Macbook Air. Does anyone know if this is really true? And if it is can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative that would do the same thing?

T

todd51

I see under your avatar that you have a Macbook Pro. It has a drive in it perfectly capable of burning the DVD.

The Macbook Air does NOT come with a DVD drive. So I think they put that there specifically for Macbook Air users, reminding them that they will need to buy the external superdrive in order to burn their movie to a DVD.

OP
macgirl2423
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
I thought that maybe it could. I wonder why they couldn't take the time to put attention macbook air users or something. thanks for the quick response, i feel much better now :]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.