Apple Cinema Display 24" - Doesnt work when boots Windows XP

Reaction score
Hi all
I bought yesterday an Apple Cinema Display 24" (it's awesome)
The display is perfect
I've got an issue.
When i Boot Windows (press Alt and choose Windows Xp partition) the monitor doesnt works. (doesnt open) I just hear the sound of windows for the usb portsThe only resaon i do this is to play Assasins Creed Game (i cant do that through Paralles Desktop)
On My mac the monitor works perfect
Does anyone knows something or how i can make it work?
Thanks everyone!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Getting an Apple Cinema Display to work in Windows is troublesome since finding an adequate Windows driver that can handle it is not easy. I did some searching using Google and the results were not good.

What model year Mac do you have? That will tell us which graphics adapter is in your Mac. We can then attempt to find a driver for Windows that might work with the 24" Cinema display.

Regards.

OP
O
Reaction score
thanks a lot for your answer.
I've got the macbook aluminum 13" late 2008 with nvidia geforce 9400 256 mb graphic gard...
the port on my macbook is the mini display port

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I searched the nVidia site for the latest drivers. You can try downloading the latest from this Link but I'm not sure it's going to help.

In order to download the driver you'll have to remove the Cinema Display from your MacBook and boot into Windows XP. Download the latest 9M series driver from nVidia and install it. See what happens.

Something else you might try: Set up your Windows XP to boot in Safe mode the next time it boots. Attach the Cinema Display to test if it will work in Safe mode when you boot to XP. Probably won't, but worth the attempt.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.