1gb file issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 3.06Ghz 4GB RAM 500GB HD 7,200RPM
This is what I have

3789297228_503c43880b.jpg

I am having issues opening and saving file that are 600mb or more. Just to open or saving some of these files, it takes more then 5 minutes. What can I do to fix this issue? RAM? New video card?

If I have left out any info just ask.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
You have lots of speed and lots of RAM. How about the drive - how big and how much free space? Have you fixed permissions and run Disk Utility on it lately? 600MB is not that big. How about look at Activity Monitor to see what else is going on in the background.

On your video card you could use a version with more RAM but this would not hinder performance other than time to render. You would notice the delay when scrolling / zooming and the like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
What kind of files are these, and what program are you using to open or save them?

How about the drive - how big and how much free space?

This is also an important question

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry I forgot to mention about the way we normally move/use files here at work. 99% of all files are on a server which we open/modify/save too. I work for a print company, so I handle business cards to full vehicle wraps. The files that are slowing me down are the wrap files or data merge mailers. So they are image and or size heavy.

I have full access to my computer so what kind of clean ups/removal should I look into? I do normally have at least three programs and an email client up at any given time because I jump around them so often.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.jpg

this came up when verifying my hard-drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
For starters you need to pop in the system install DVD and reboot holding down 'C'. Go to Utilities and select Disk Utility and run Repair Disk from there. You cannot repair a disk you are booted from.

Keep us posted on progress?

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well, long story short.....

the only error that didn't get fixed was Invalid Leaf Record Count (should be 151 instead of 617) that was under 'checking extended attribute files'

But besides that my boss doesn't have the disc to Tiger, only Panther and we run CS3 at work....so..... yeah.... no work is really getting done. But is there a way to solve the 'leaf' problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.