• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

More Apple Tablet Rumors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
no one really knows but i would bet money it wont be a new MBP.

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
I heard you will be able to run Half Life 3 on it.

Reaction score
I REALLY want it to be similar to a modbook as far as user interface, It needs to be thinner and maybe a tad smaller but that's the optimum way to go in my opinion. I dont want an oversized iPod touch!!!! They will be making a MAjor mistake if they run the iPhone OS on it, it will be a flop, cause its not worth it if it isnt a fully functioning computer. Assuming they do fashion it like a modbook, they'll need to have alot of software support like the modbook and they've gotten a several year headstart on the tablet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
So do you guys think the "big announcement" on the 27th is the tablet, or a new macbook pro?

I expect at least part of this to be an update to the MacPro line. They're WAY overdue for one. It will be funny to watch all of the folks here freak if that's all it is though.

Apple has a history of purposely spreading false rumors to misdirect the public and the competition. They like to get their "partners" to "inadvertently" leak disinformation and the rumor sites (and their readers) just eat it all up. It's fun to watch. The leaks from Orange seem a bit too convenient to me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Here is something else, I guess cnet's prediction of what the tablet will be. Everything else looks interesting as well.
Apple tablet PC - 18 most anticipated tech products of 2010 (photos) - CNET Reviews

Here is all 18 from this site. And I want to make a point here:

1. ipad - Apple
2. a 3D TV - something new.
3. New Dell smartphone - Apple clone and looks not as good.
4. iphone 4G - Apple
5. ipod Touch - Apple
6. Andriod Phone - Apple clone but does not copy all the good features of the iphone
7. Lenovo Notebook - macbook clone
8. Another Lenovo Notebook - Macbook Air clone
9. PS3 motion controller - Wiimote clone
10. Project Natal - A Wii without the wiimote. Not a revolutionary idea but if done properly will be pretty good I think.
11. Amazon Kindle - iphone/ipod touch clone
12. Mobile DTV - looks like an ipod touch clone with DTV capabilities.
13. Windows 7 Mobile suite - Just windows advertising features Apple first used years ago.
14. Sony Dash - Something new for a change. Mind you behind the wheel fo a car you're meant to play in a computer, you're meant to drive. SO you do not crash and die.
15. NDSi XL - Just a bigger DSi.
16. Parrot Ar Drone - Looks really interesting. A new idea. Controlled by iphone/ipod touch of cause :)
17. New Tivo - Apple TV clone? no. Still meh.
18. Another Andriod Phone - ipod touch clone.

So my point after all of this is out of 18 items:

3 of them are Apple products
8 of them just clone ideas already done by Apple so well
1 of them is to be used in tandem with an apple product
3 of them are either nintendo products or use ideas that have made nintendo famous in the past.
And the last 3 are actually original ideas thought up by people that are not Nintendo or Apple.

So I'm saying 11 out of 18 ideas are either Apple made or use ideas Apple first used ages ago. I think that says something like if we can't make better ideas then Apple we'll just steal, modify slightly and call our own.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
strange 1st post......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
looking for hits maybe ?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Those come from a French site and are noted to be fakes (in French). So, of course, much of the mainstream press are picking up on them as legit photos.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerPC G4 533Mhz, 2010 MBP 13" Intel core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 350M GPU, 250GB HDD.
i heard they were planning something called the iSlate?

and also, ive heard that there are supposed to be some quad-core macbook pro's on the way.

Reaction score
i am waiting for a fully functional touchscreen laptop and the Ipad is the beginning of what is to come. It would be nice if the price was a little bit more affordable so that every person can have access to it. It would be a great way to teach and learn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
A question I just thought of and didn't know where to post it so here will have to do.

Since the ipad CPU is the first Apple made and branded chip, do you all think this is the slow start to Apple ditching intel chips and making their own for all their computers?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.