• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

More Apple Tablet Rumors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
"My source says Apple's instructions to developers indicate that the tablet--or at least the thing it's showing off next month--will be based on the iPhone OS and will rely on the same iTunes Store that has moved 2 billion apps in a couple of years."

If it's going to be running iPhone OS, What is the point? Maybe it's going to be more like a kindle/e-reader..etc
Without real OSX I can't see it being very popular especially at $600-$1000.00

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Reaction score
I can't wait for this little guy to come out so I can have another excuse to sit in the stores and play with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I'm extremely intrigued...but I'd need to see the price and it's capabilities. But I'm very interested.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I can't wait for this little guy to come out so I can have another excuse to sit in the stores and play with it.

Or take one home and play with it. :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, 4GB DDR3, 10.5.7
I can't wait for this to be released already! It's gonna' be another game changer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Bank account ready check, ok ready to go...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Even though I probably won't have the money for this right away(assuming my price guess is right), I still can't wait till it comes out so I can lust over it! You just know it's going to be good!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Funny thing about Apple they always have a habit of introducing things you did not know you needed till you tried it then wonder how you got by for so long on what you had.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Funny thing about Apple they always have a habit of introducing things you did not know you needed till you tried it then wonder how you got by for so long on what you had.

Dude! You are SO right!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.6.2 (2.4 Ghz) | Time Capsule 500GB
If it's going to be running iPhone OS, What is the point? Maybe it's going to be more like a kindle/e-reader..etc
Without real OSX I can't see it being very popular especially at $600-$1000.00

Why not a tablet and an ereader (separately I mean). Sony aims to steal Kindle's business. Apple could jump in the game too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4GHz, 160GB, 2GB,SD / Iphone 3Gs 16GB
Whats the difference between a tablet and a laptop? The reason being is because I have a 2008 Macbook 2.4Ghz etc. and I'm wondering if a tablet can do everything a laptop can. Because if it can I might consider selling my Macbook so that I can buy the tablet. That is if the price for this new Apple Tablet is affordable. Otherwise, I'll just keep my Macbook.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Whats the difference between a tablet and a laptop? The reason being is because I have a 2008 Macbook 2.4Ghz etc. and I'm wondering if a tablet can do everything a laptop can. Because if it can I might consider selling my Macbook so that I can buy the tablet. That is if the price for this new Apple Tablet is affordable. Otherwise, I'll just keep my Macbook.

Well, it's hard to say since it hasn't even so much as been announced yet. Despite all of the speculation, this product is nothing more than a rumor. It's not even vaporware since Apple PR hasn't even hinted at it on the record.

If you're curious as to what a traditional "Tablet PC" is, read here:

Tablet PC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although it is unlikely that Apple would release a product as kludgy as typical Tablet PCs.

Reaction score
uhh considering its going to have (as all apple products) the apple premium price (look at the MB air, suckky), which is a lot, i don't see why anyone , especially me (a student), will want a tablet, especially if it is going to cost a lot, and has the same price as laptops such as HP and Toshiba, with an OS that is similar to the iphone/itouch etc. Then again, somehow a lot of people buy macs, so i guess its going to sell

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
uhh considering its going to have (as all apple products) the apple premium price (look at the MB air, suckky), which is a lot, i don't see why anyone , especially me (a student), will want a tablet, especially if it is going to cost a lot, and has the same price as laptops such as HP and Toshiba, with an OS that is similar to the iphone/itouch etc. Then again, somehow a lot of people buy macs, so i guess its going to sell

There have been rumors suggesting that the price of the tablet will be surprisingly less than what people have been guessing.

Reaction score
Really hope there is going to be an apple tablet. Only I hope its going to be like the modbook. If its only for the web and ebooks, ill pass and get the modbook anyway.

Can't wait for the 27th :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.