Worth upgrading the RAM

M

MissLateralus

I have a 15" powerbook 1.5 ghz. I was thinking of upgrading one of the RAM slots to 1 gig, giving me a total of 1.25 ghz of RAM.

My question is how much of a boost in performance can I expect?

I know applications may open a little quicker etc and I can have more apps running, but for running a program like Logic Audio will I notice more of a difference.

Anyone who has upgraded their RAM please post your comments on the before and after performance of your powerbooks.

Thanks

OP
D

danger_boy_13

Oh, man, you have no idea. I have a 12" PB 1.33 Ghz that I just upgraded to 1.25 GB from 256 MB, and there is no comparison. Barely any beachballs, everything is so much faster. Once you have 1.25 GB, you will never be able to use one with 256 MB again. Do it and you won't regret it. Check out this link for a great deal on 1 GB RAM. Its what I bought and it works great, and a great price.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewprodu...ATT=Memory+Notebook+Memo&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r

OP
M

menace3054

totally agree. using it with 256mb of ram is unbareable and does the system no justice.. i have 2 GB in my powermac and its an entireley different computer. i have 1.25gb in my powerbook and the same, entirely different computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
great deal

man too bad I didn't see that RAM price earlier. I just bought a 512 MB card for my new 1.67 Ghz 17" PB. That was only $75. But that 1 GB stick price you found is a great price. Oh well, I'll just have to live with 1 GB for a while...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.