iphone wont sync

Reaction score
about 5-6 weeks ago i updated my iphone to 3.0 (great software btw) it was all great, but i did not have access to my computer. I plugged it in to sync it today, and i pressed sync. It says syncing on the computer and the iphone, but after about 5 - 10 second, it stops. I look back and nothing has changed. Recently, my computer crashed, and i lost everything. i used senuti to get my songs back to my computer, but none of my playlists are on my computer. what do i do??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
While your iPhone is connected, can iTunes see it?

Is there a change in information between the iPhone and the Computer? If there are no changes detected, a sync would only last 5-10 seconds.

OP
Y
Reaction score
yes to both questions
yes my iphone shows up in itunes
and yes, i have about 200 new songs to load onto my iphone...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
yes to both questions
yes my iphone shows up in itunes
and yes, i have about 200 new songs to load onto my iphone...

Just some baby steps to ensure it's not hardware... Did you...

1) Make sure it doesn't say "Sync only Checked songs"?
2) The Sync Music option is checked?
3) Under Sync Music the playlists and/or albums that you want are checked? OR "Sync all music" is checked?

OP
Y
Reaction score
iphone is fine

what i found out is that the problem is not that i cannot sync, because i know for a fact i can
what the problem is is that what i dont know about is whether or not when i do sync, all of my playlists and some of my music (which is not on my computer) will get deleted. Granted i can lose some songs, thats ok, but there are playlists on my iphone that will take a large amount of work to remake.
is there any way i can sync without losing music/playlists? again, i dont much care for the music i could lose, but rather the playlists. I used Senuti so I'm pretty sure all of my songs are on, but again, the problem is playlists. Is there any way to save those?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.