american iphone in ireland?

Reaction score
hi
i'm from ireland and am going to new york in a couple of months and was wondering can i buy an iphone in an apple store and use it on an irish newtork at home

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
If you are buying the phone in the US of A without a plan. You should be able to get it on a Network in Ireland if there is a network there that is compatible with the iphone. A friend of mine bought an iphone off ebay that was from the US of A and it works flawlessly with Rogers (default company for the iphone in Canada)

Reaction score
No, it will not work out of the box. All iPhones in the US are locked to AT&T. IF you Jailbreak, and unlock the iPhone then it'll work. Apple does not sell factory unlocked iPhones in the US. If you ever need to repair the iPhone you will need to ship the phone back to the US for repair, as well as restore your phone back to factory.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.