address book problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, iMac 24 both w/ Snowleopard
When I start to type in some addresses it brings up addresses that are not in my address book. Specifically it uses obsolete ISP addresses, i.e., Alltel is now Windstream.

I've edited my address very carefully several times and I have NO Alltel addresses. However it still inserts Alltel addresses.

I just had this happen again and edited the address book again but I can't stop this. Address book is useless and email is useless if I have to type each address every time.

What is going on?

Bob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2.0 10.4.11 and 10.5.7
Hi Bob

The problem is not with address book but a part of mail called previous recipients. Open Mail. app and go to the "Window" Menu at the top of the screen. Choose from the drop down menu "Previous Recipients". Select the old and outdated addresses from the list and then hit the "Remove From List" button. Hope this helps.

Gary

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, iMac 24 both w/ Snowleopard
I didn't know about that and did as you suggested.

I still have the same problem. I keep getting the old address that shouldn't even exist.

Some things just never work...

thanks any way,

Bob

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.