iphone taxes & fees

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
I don't know if this question is permissible here - sure hope so as I am not trying to break the rules - and I didn't know which iphone section to post it in!
I tried to get a new iphone 3Gs today, 16GB, black. I've been a Sprint customer for 12 years so I am new to ATT wireless - the local ATT store was out of the iphone model I want and there's no Apple store where I live. I am on the wait list and they said they hope to have them in stock in a few days. While there I asked about rate plans (individual) and I'll start with the 450 minute talk plan and the required data plan. Those choices in my location cost right at $70./per month. I was surprised when I was told the added taxes and "fees" would be twelve dollars!
Does that seem consistent with anyone with a similar iphone plan? Thanks!

PS - I only need 450 minutes because almost everyone I call or receive calls from has an ATT wireless plan - so of course the minutes don't count on my monthly total.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
There is taxes and fees with any plan you get and not just with the iPhone. Where are you located at?

I know my bill has state/gov tax, local tax and E911 tax. Tons of stuff like that.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
Thanks Eric,
Yes, I knew there would be taxes and fees - just a little surprised that they total 17% of the bill (before taxes and fees are added).
I guess I need to be more in line with the times - I am one of the old guys! I am in Wilmington, NC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I took a look at my bill and it was around $12 as well.

Reaction score
What's your sales tax? Here in Hawaii it's 4.67% in NY it's around 15% from what I heard. That could be the big difference in your bills. I pay less than a lot of people, and that's the only thing I can find differences is the sales tax.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.