not receiving mail

Reaction score
hi -
i currently have 2 accounts setup on mac mail. one works fine, incoming and receiving perfectly. the other account seems to not be receiving mail when my computer is off/asleep. there is no trace of any emails that were sent. i know i should be receiving mail because my account is also setup to receive on gmail and mail seems to be flowing through there fine.

both of my accounts are setup the same way.
anybody's expertise, would be much appreciated.
please help.
thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Are they both gmail? Are you using IMAP or POP? I am not sure what you mean by not getting mail when your machine is off or sleeping. That is normal.

OP
B
Reaction score
hi mdfuller-
both of my accounts are setup on mac mail and i am also using POP with gmail.
regarding the machine is off/sleeping. if you sent me an email while my laptop was closed, i wouldn't receive the email through the mac mail application. the only way i would know is if i checked my gmail or if you would have told me. however, if i was using my laptop while you sent me the email, i should be able to receive it. this problem is only happening to one of my accounts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
That's very very strange. The way POP works, you should be able to receive any new message whenever you are ready. It doesn't work in real time!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.