Applecare protection plan problems

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this. Mods, feel free to move it if you wish.

Mine didn't come with a registration number in the box. I bought it over a year ago. I don't know what to do, and I'm pretty upset. Anyone have any idea what I should do or where I can get the registration number? No, I didn't lose it. I just now opened the box, it was not in there.

I bought an apple product hoping to avoid crap like this. :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Huh? You have to register the product with AppleCare within the first year as that is when the original warranty is up. How in the world is this Apple's fault?

OP
C
Reaction score
1st I was never told I had to register anything with apple until I started to look through everything today after my case cracked from nothing more than usual use. That in itself is pathetic.

2nd, its apples fault because THERE IS NO REGISTRATION NUMBER IN MY PLAN. It wouldn't matter if I had tried to do it last month when it was still within the year, because I don't have the number I need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
You should of opened it when you first got it. Then you could of saw that it was missing and you could of returned it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
So you think the magical AppleCare registration ferry took care of everything? So you opened the box and there was nothing in it or just not the registration info? Obviously, if you would have opened it right away and nothing was in it they could have helped you. I am not sure what they can do now. I understand you are frustrated, but it hardly makes Apple "pathetic" as you so nicely put it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Not sure where to post this. Mods, feel free to move it if you wish.

Mine didn't come with a registration number in the box. I bought it over a year ago. I don't know what to do, and I'm pretty upset. Anyone have any idea what I should do or where I can get the registration number? No, I didn't lose it. I just now opened the box, it was not in there.

I bought an apple product hoping to avoid crap like this. :Shouting:

Are we talking about the 12 Apple Care warranty that comes with an Apple computer when you buy it...or are we talking about the extended Applecare plans that come in the little box?

Thanks,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" June 09
I would think if you have the receipt for the Applecare purchase you should be covered. Even if you don't have the receipt the Apple Store you purchased it from should have it on file via your email account.

Why would you buy a box and not open it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I'm pretty sure that there are instructions in the AppleCare box that explains step by step what you need to do. Did you get the plan on ebay or someplace other than an official Apple retailer (in person or on line)?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If he purchased the machine from an Apple store or from the on line Apple web store, and at the same time purchased Apple care, it was registered automatically. I purchased my machine at an Apple store and bought Apple care at the same time - when I went on line to inquire, it had already been registered by Apple.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
You can check the status of your warranty/Apple care at any time. Simply go to

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

and enter your serial number. You can find your serial number from the

About this Mac->More Info-Hardware Overview screen from the Apple menu.

This will at least give your current status and a place to start.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.