My screen cracked!!!

S

StealthMode

Last night I was using my PowerBook at band practice, (I'm the sound guy) and I set my screen down for about 10-15 minutes. (It was sitting next to me the whole time) and when I popped the lid again, I noticed a crack coming from the top right corner, running down through the middle, and going back up to the left top corner. I can see everything, but I got this crack, or artifact running through. No one set anything on it, and it was sitting next to me the whole time I was there, so no oner grabbed it wrong or what not.
I will post some picks after I resize them.

Stealth -

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Ouch, that sucks man.

I've got a Dell Inspiron that I sat on :-\

sKaD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Now how much vibration was your computer getting? I have never heard of this happening.. it could be like the opera singer with a champagne glass....

OP
S

StealthMode

No vibration, they hadn't really started playing yet. Just getten the sound setup. But that would make sense. (uhm, there are no opera singers though...:p)
Called apple and they won't replace of fix it, I'd have to pay them $1000+ for a new LCD, or, buy a new laptop. I do not have the fund for EITHER... It has been a really sucky weekend, beginning of week...

Stealth -

OP
L

logos

Do you have home contents insuranance? If you do you could look at your policy and see if you are covered for accidental damage of your property outside your home. Or if you were practising at home, and you are insured you may well be covered.
If not, I would say to anyone that it is worth getting your machines insured for "all risks" (or the equivalent in your countries) which covers you for almost any eventuality. I always pay the additional £10 (UK) for this cover as a 'peace of mind' thing. The only important thing to remember is "acts of God" i.e. in explainable or controllable incidences sometimes are NOT covered, You may want to remember that when explaining the circumstances around the damage on your claims.
Good luck, man.

OP
S

StealthMode

Ok, I called apple again today, and I will have a box to ship it back to them in tomorrow, and will have my mac back next week hopefully. :) Life is good.
I paid $350 for a dam 3 year warranty, I BETTER get some service out of it. :D

Stealth -

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
That's good to hear.

I was going to ask you if you had the apple protection plan.

sKaD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.