screen randomly goes black

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about the cables and adapter? Did you try replacing either one? Check out the easy things first before you dig into other causes of the screen intermittently going black.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini ,Mac Air Pro, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Will replace cable as part of my corrective search. I switched from Firefox to Safari and haven't had a black screen since my switch. I am going to stay with Safari for a couple of days and if i don't get a black screen I will go back to using Firefox and see if it reoccurs. Thanks for the input

Finally got one black screen for a second on Safari, still heard sound. Also tried Chrome and got a one second black screen on that site. The thing that puzzles me is that I only get this one second black screen when I am on the Internet browser. Haven't got this black screen when I am on Thunderbird or Skype or just sitting looking at my desktop. It isn't too bad yet but is very puzzling

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini ,Mac Air Pro, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Guess what. I touched the monitor cable and the screen went black. I pushed the cable around to a more stable condition and I haven't had a black screen since.
Thank you for such a simple solution. I couldn't see the forest for the trees. By the way is that an A-20 or an A-26 twin engine? I flew the B-25.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Glad you resolved it. And yes, sometimes it's the simple solutions we overlook. ;) The "bird" is a Douglas B-26D fitted with R-2800 engines and appeared late in WWII. It was also used in the Korean war and early on in the Viet Nam war.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.