Got the white screen of death.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My macbook froze the other night so after nothing working I restarted it and it came to the white screen and wouldn't go any further.

Apprently its a dead hard drive?

I've tried everything I can find on the net so I have given up on trying to get it started. I've decided on just buying a new harddrive once the funds allow. I was just wondering three things though,

1. Can I get a 6 pin firewire - 6 pin firewire and get into my harddrive on my macbook with my mac mini to get the stuff off?

2. Can I use my Mac mini Disks to install Tiger back on it?

3. Theres a cd in there, And nothing I can think of any eject it? :(

HOpe some one can help.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Sounds like you do have a dead hard drive. Answers?

1. Probably not but you can try.

2. No. You can't use the discs that came with your mini. They are machine specific.

3. On start up, try holding down the track pad button. I've had a few stuck discs and I usually hold down the track pad, F12 and eject on start. A bit tricky with the fingers, but it always works for me.

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.