Update on G3 ibook (700MHZ)

Reaction score
Got an adapter and hooked it up to an external monitor running hard drive in a firewire enclosure and it booted up just fine so I put hard drive back in and booted up to external screen still booted up I picked the laptop up when I did it shut down. Now im sure the logic board needs to be replaced dont want to have the video worked on easier to replace board. This is the way it started out. Heres a link to original post. http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/158714-g3-ibook-problem-wont-boot-up.html the board isnt completely bad just the video on it. ( just in case anyone else is getting the gray screen on their G3 like I did) It cost $22 on ebay to get both items to check things out and diagnose the problem. (That included shipping for both items) Just a thought to try this out may help someone else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.