8GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X4GB
500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm

my second option is this one
a Mac Pro with yhis specs
Two 2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
8GB (4x2GB)
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s
ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB

I am a Final Cut editor and im starting to do some 3D Modeling I know that the mac pro its the best computer ever but I want to know wich is better for my needs and what is better a 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor or Two 2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor please answer THANKS

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
There's really one big difference between these two computers...one is a laptop & one is a desktop!

You really need to decide if you need portability or not. Once you decide that, you will have your answer.

Also...these two computers are very different...the laptop is a dual core machine, and the Mac Pro is an 8-core machine!

Finally...you didn't mention how much $$$ each computer costs...so that has got to make a big difference in which one you purchase.

- Nick

OP
D
Reaction score
Ok thanks for your answer. The money its not the problem what i want to know is wick of this processor is best for video editing and 3D modeling. Cause one of my question mark is ok the laptop have a 3.06 processor but the mac pro have two of 2.26 this is really my doubt.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok thanks for your answer. The money its not the problem what i want to know is wick of this processor is best for video editing and 3D modeling. Cause one of my question mark is ok the laptop have a 3.06 processor but the mac pro have two of 2.26 this is really my doubt.

If money is not a problem...why not get the Mac Pro, and instead of two quad 2.26ghz processors...why not upgrade it to two quad 2.93ghz processors?

That way it would be less confusing. Ignoring the number of cores (2 vs. 8)...you would then be comparing the 2.93ghz speed of the Mac Pro to the 3.06ghz speed of the MacBook Pro.

A third option you may not have thought of...why not consider a 24" iMac, with a 3.06 core 2 duo processor? It would be every bit as good as the 17" MacBook Pro...maybe even better.

The bottom line is...the Mac Pro desktop is always going to be your best choice if your looking for the most performance. You get 8-cores, 2.93ghz CPU, a better video card, larger ram capacity, you can install more & faster hard drives...and you can have multiple video cards to run multiple monitors.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks again nick. And yes yoy have been very helpfull yeah i thout of the idea of an imac I already had onw of those but it was like two years ago i wanted to try something different. yeah when i said that money wasent a problem was because the difference between the two computer that I build was about 600 dollars. So a final question and sorry for all the trouble. If i got 2.26 it will be btter than the 3.06 mac book? and I think I got it the MAc pro is better cause it has a 8 core instead of 2 core?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The thing you have to remember about the number of "cores"...is the software you're using has to be written to take advantage of the multiple cores.

If the software you use is not optimized for multiple core processors...then it won't matter if you have 2 or 8 cores.

Your original question was a bit confusing...because you were comparing a laptop & a desktop.

Usually if someone needs:

- portability they get a laptop.
- if portability is not necessary, usually someone gets a desktop like an iMac because it's usually less expensive than the equivalent performance laptop.
- and if portability is not important, and top notch performance is, then someone gets a Mac Pro.

Good luck with your purchase choice,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.