Just installed ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Reaction score
I just installed a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro video card on my G4 MDD with 867MHz dual processor. When I turned on my mac for the first time it went to the grey apple screen just fine but then it went to a sky blue screen and none of my apps or my desktop loaded up. When I put in the old GeForce 4MX card that came with it back in it works fine. I reset the PRAM and NVRAM, but still it does the same as I have described above. I really need to get this mac working with the Radeon 9800 card so I can start editing. I'm actually using a dell LCD monitor with the mac so I'm wondering would that have anything to do with it? Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions to this problem?? I'd appreciate any help I can get before I decide to send the card back to the person that sold it to me.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is the Radeon 9800 the "Macintosh" version...or the PC version that was "flashed"?

Is the video card new or used?

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.