Safari wants to use metallica font!

Reaction score
My brand new macbook pro thought that after migration assistant transfered my user profile from my old mac, that setting the default web browsing font to metallica font would be a good idea, prefrences says it is normal though?!?! anyone know a fix
ps i tried to locate the font and delete it but i cant find it

6s6uls.png

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
You don't have to delete the font entirely. Just go into preferences and under appearance change the font to something more readable. IE Times.

OP
A
Reaction score
i've gone into preference and tried that but it stills shows this one. it says it is set on courier when the screen cap was taken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Nice! \m/

Seriously though, stupidly hard to read. I think you may need something like Fontnuke to sort this, something has got corrupted somewhere.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
same problem- but found a fix

I had the same problem when I installed the Metallica font. Go to your font book- to find it simply click on the magnifying glass in the upper-right hand corner of the screen- click on the font, and click "disable font". It won't remove the font, but you won't be able to use it in any program anymore- including safari. If you ever need the font again, simply repeat but "enable font" instead.

My brand new macbook pro thought that after migration assistant transfered my user profile from my old mac, that setting the default web browsing font to metallica font would be a good idea, prefrences says it is normal though?!?! anyone know a fix
ps i tried to locate the font and delete it but i cant find it

6s6uls.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.