g4 with new head gap hard drive fine again!

Reaction score
my machine is ok now,so i'd like to upgrade the video,the stock quick silver does'nt handle you tube very jerky compared to my pc .what options do i have ? keeping cost to a minamum,that is. thanks

OP
S
Reaction score
need a dvd added only have a cd burner

can i go cheap on a used pull dvd burner?seem under 20 bucks on ebay will i be dissapointed with performance any better choices like the super model for 50 ?pros cons? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Are you asking about upgrading the graphics display card or the DVD burner? If a burner, any ATAPI IDE burner will do, but if you can get a DL and if you see a Pioneer, grab it. New they run about $30.00.

Sites such as xlr8yourmac.com have how to install details, with photos.

OP
S
Reaction score
need a dvd added only have a cd burner,also video upgrade

i found a oem combo drive cd/rw/dvd combo drive10 bucks is it missing to many improvements made since 2003 ?anything i'll notice later?it came from mirror drive door mine is a plain quicksilver will it plug in ? also i want to see youtube clips w/o jerky motion,i have nvidia 32 mb now what do i need min [cost wise] for acceptible performance?thanks to any more advanced users for there patience, dave don;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Leave it be and put the money to a DVD burner. DVD burner do burn CDs, CD burner do not burn DVDs.

For a graphics card see if you can get a second hand ATI Radeon 9000 Mac Pro with 128MB memory.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.