Internet Password and Connection

Reaction score
I dont want my MBP to keep asking for my password to connect to the internet and second, I dont want ti to then drop that connection after a short while, unlike my BootCamp XP which always stays connected. How do I fix these issues? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
AirPort - "Remember This Network"

As for the first problem, look at the attachment. If your computer is not set to remember your network, tell it to remember it, and it will remember the password, as well. That is my experience, at least.

The second problem should be fixed by fixing the first. Every so often, the AirPort on your Mac will rescan to find more networks. Judging by your problem, it asks for your network password every time it does this. My MBP must disconnect and instantly reconnect, because I don't notice it when it scans for networks. Yours probably tries to connect again, but it doesn't remember the password.

One question, if the above doesn't work - do these problems only occur when you are on your network, or on all networks?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.