Using wireless mouse: right click ? and battery life

Reaction score
How can I right click from my new apple mighty mouse? Must I hit control every time? Also, what are we looking at battery wise for the mighty mouse? What is battery life for the wireless keyboard, too?

A final question: any idea how long I should expect the letters on this keyboard to last before the paint starts to come off? I won't be using it TOO heavily, maybe an hour or two a day, but could I get a year or two? I just switched over from Dell and I got over a year. I have a MBP 13 inch and from what I've read they now paint the letters from the inside so it's not a problem.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Go to your keyboard/mouse preferences and set the right button to secondary click. I have put one set of batteries in the keyboard and mouse in 3 months. This will vary of course based on usage.

Reaction score
A final question: any idea how long I should expect the letters on this keyboard to last before the paint starts to come off? I won't be using it TOO heavily, maybe an hour or two a day, but could I get a year or two? I just switched over from Dell and I got over a year. I have a MBP 13 inch and from what I've read they now paint the letters from the inside so it's not a problem.

Thanks in advance!

I've never heard of any MB or MBP having issues with keyboards. I have a 3 1/2 year old white MB, a 2 year old MBP, and the bluetooth keyboard. None have any issues. We have 6 people at work that use MBs. No reported issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Use only Energizer Lithium Batteries and do not bother with the rechargebale junk as they are not worth the money. MM used up to four hours a day had batteries replaced 24 February, then 13 May and then 31 July, so two to three months.

Keyboard 10 September '08 then 17 February and still using. Never ever seen letters come off a Mac keyboard, but I have only used 'em since 1988!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB
The batteries tend to last quite a while. In my case probably every four months.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.