Looking for a USB mic under $100 to use with GarageBand

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
What are some good USB mics under $100 that work well with GarageBand? I'll mostly use it for vocals, acoustic guitar, and maybe some electric guitar.

I'm considering the Samson CO1U, but I've heard it's a pain for Macs.

I'd like a pop filter and 5 ft. mic stand included if possible.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I got a USB mic, but I don't have the proper cable to plug it in. On the bottom of the mic, it has three prongs -- kind of like this: http://multimedia.journalism.berkeley.edu/media/upload/tutorials/vidcam_accessories/xlr.jpg

What is this cable called? It needs to have three prongs for mic and a USB at the other end to connect to the MacBook.

That's not a USB mic.
What you have is a standard condenser mic with an XLR connector.

To get it hooked up to your computer, you'll need something like this: ART USB Dual Pre from zZounds.com!

You can also do a shopping search on Google: xlr to usb - Google Product Search

Reaction score
I concur with Bone on the snowball. My friend Slim has one and it truly is plug-and-play. Can't vouch for the snowflake, as i haven't heard it, but Blue makes some good higher-end mikes, so their quality probably trickles down...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.